Terms and Conditions
Age Concern Central Lancashire is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, (registered charity number 1130384 and registered company number 06841314).
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to Age Concern Central Lancashire
1. Please read these terms carefully before using this website (“Site”). Your use of this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this Site.
2. Age Concern Central Lancashire reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. These terms and conditions apply to any site under the control of Age Concern Central Lancashire and from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
4. Copyright in the material is owned by Age Concern Central Lancashire, its Partners and/or its content suppliers. Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners have made every effort to gain copyright for all written material on this Site. Any person who owns the copyright for material published on this Site, please email the web team
5. Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. Documents (including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons without the prior written permission of the copyright holders on this Site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use. Should Age Concern Central Lancashire and/or its Partners receive any complaint with regard to third party material on this Site, it will review the matter and remove material at its sole discretion. Age Concern Central Lancashire and/or its Partners will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
6. The photographs of adults or children used within this Site to illustrate the work of Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners are posed by models and do not depict actual situations.
7. Materials on this Site are provided for the purposes of information or reporting only and should not be relied upon. Independent advice should be sought on financial, legal and medical matters.
8. A licence is required to use Intellectual Property of Age Concern Central Lancashire or its Partners. Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners shall consider such requests at its sole discretion. To request a licence email the web team
9. Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. Neither Age Concern Central Lancashire nor its Partners is responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from Age Concern Central Lancashire Site, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any website wanting to create a link to any Age Concern Central Lancashire or National Partner Site, or to request a link to be created to them, must contact the web team
11. You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this Site.
12. Unless otherwise requested, by posting messages on any Age Concern Central Lancashire or National Partner Site discussion board you are granting a license to Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners to reproduce these comments on any other part of the Site and in any other publications.
13. Where you are able to submit any contribution to this Site you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant Age Concern Central Lancashire the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners.
14. By submitting your contribution to Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
15. Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
16. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this Site must be terminated immediately.
17. Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this Site.
18. While Age Concern Central Lancashire endeavours to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, this is not guaranteed. Age Concern Central Lancashire does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners may make changes to the materials on this Site, or to the information, products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials on this Site may be out of date, and Age Concern Central Lancashire and its Partners make no commitment to update the Materials on this Site.
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Whenever you provide us with your personal information via our website “Site(s)”, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy, our terms and conditions and current UK Data Protection legislation. By using the Site and any services we offer via our Site, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
Age Concern Central Lancashire is a registered charity (number 1130384) and company limited by guarantee (number 6841314). The registered address is Arkwright House, Stoneygate, Preston. PR1 3XT.
1. What personal information is collected from you
When you visit the Site we collect various personal information which may include your name, address, contact details, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is collected by our partner organisation Virgin Money Giving, but is not held by us. If you supply such information we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. How your information is used
We may use this information in the following ways:
• Process orders submitted by you;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
• Verify your identity;
• Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
• Notify you of changes to our services;
• Improve our services or marketing purposes;
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other fundraising activities, promotions of our associated companies goods and services.
3. Who has access to your information
We are committed to protecting the personal data of our supporters, customers and members. Any details you give us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Age Concern Central Lancashire is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties, unless we have your explicit permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime. Where you have given us permission we may contact you about other services and products or pass your details to similar organisations.
4. How you can access, update or delete your information
If you do not want to continue receiving information by email from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email, which will tell you how to contact us to unsubscribe.
5. Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL.
When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Age Concern Central Lancashire cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6. Stipulations regarding use of the discussion boards
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Site including, but not limited to, any data, questions, comments, suggestions, reviews, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. When entering the discussion forum, you agree not to publish, post, disseminate distribute or otherwise transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information.
Age Concern Central Lancashire will not be responsible for the posting by any user of any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful material. Age Concern Central Lancashire has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
7. Use of 'cookies' on the Site
8. What happens when visitors link to another site?
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site. In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
9. 16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. Contact us
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Age Concern Central Lancashire and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Age Concern Central Lancashire. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Age Concern Central Lancashire takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website is designed to be as accessible as possible to all our visitors. The information on this page is to help make your visit to our site as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Change the display options
You can change the way this website displays text on your screen, by changing the settings in the Display options panel. To open it, click the black button at the top of any page on the website.
You can enlarge the text, or change the colour of the text or the background, so that it is easier for you to read.
Note:that these settings will only affect how this website appears. If you want to make all websites you visit appear differently, you can change the settings in your web browser and on your computer. Visit the BBC’s ‘My web, my way’ pages for instructions and advice.