We Spend 87p in every £ on services Featured

There has recently been a lot of media interest in the level of their income that major charities spend on providing charitable activities, with several reported as spending less than 50% on services.

As we announced at our recent Annual General Meeting on 12th November 2015, Age Concern Central Lancashire spends 87 % of every pound raised on its wide ranging services across Lancashire.  Of the remaining 13%, 10% is spent on the activities it uses to raise funds through its charity shops. This income from our shops is then spent on supporting those services for which we are unable to secure funding or grants for.

Only 3% of the total funds raised are spent on the management of the charity.

We believe that as a local voluntary organisation it important that as much money as possible is spent on supporting those people who can benefit from our services.

Linda Chivers

Chief Executive.

Read 701 times
Top

We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. To find out more about the cookies we use see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.